April 21, 2017
by Chef Mark
Comments Off on EARTH DAY @ JERRY’S
On April 22nd Earth Day, Jerry’s will donate 20% of sales from items featuring mushrooms, and 10% of other vegetarian items, to the Chicago Community Gardeners’ Association, including our super terrific:
- Shiitake Bruschetta Fried shiitake mushroom, caramelized onion, cheddar, aioli
- Wavy G Sandwich Fried shiitake mushroom po boy, caramelized onion, cheddar, lettuce, mayo, Crystal hot sauce
- Clinton E Sandwich Grilled steak, herb butter, fried shiitake mushroom, Swiss, arugula, lettuce, aioli, horseradish dressing
- Magic Mushroom Burger (of shiitake, cremini, portabella), fried onion, basil, provolone, lettuce, southwest mayo
- Smoked Shiitake Grilled Cheese with hickory- smoked shiitakes, fried onion, Swiss, provolone, aioli
- Med Salad Fried eggplant, smoked shiitake, green chile, asparagus, avocado, olive relish, radish, feta, crouton, vinaigrette
April 20, 2017
Comments Off on LINCOLN SQUARE WINE STROLL
April 15, 2017
Comments Off on MOTHER’S DAY at JERRY’S
Mothers. We all have them. Some of us love them! Treat your mother to her favorite sandwich this year and she’s sure to tell you you’re her favorite. We’ll have a complimentary Mimosa for her, a create-your-own card kit for the kids, and a special red envelope gift to be open at a later date.
April 10, 2017
by Chef Mark
Comments Off on PASSOVER
Jewish-Style Brisket, House-Cured Salmon (vodka, citrus & dill), Egg Salad, and Matzoh Ball Soup. We’ll have the first three all month long, and the soup starting Monday, April 10.
April 7, 2017
by Chef Mark
Comments Off on April Menu Specials
A lot of fun specials this month, including Jerry’s fan favorite 2017 Baconfest “Bacon Freak Out”, Jerry’s James Beard Week offering “James Beard’s Best BLT”, and a few nods to Passover with Jewish Brisket, House Cured Salmon, and Egg Salad. See them all right here.
April 6, 2017
Comments Off on CUBS OPENING HOME GAME
Monday, April 10th is Opening Home game for the World Champions, the Chicago Cubs. We’ll have the games on our bar TVs and we’re offering 2 special sandwiches, the choice of a Chicago-style special or a Cali-inspired sandwich. Cubs fans may enjoy Jerry’s Chicago Beef Sandwich made with pot roast, fresh mozzarella and giardinera ($13), while Dodgers fans (Boo!) may delight in Jerry’s California Veggie Delight made with fried tofu, avocado, asparagus and cheddar ($12.50).
April 3, 2017
Comments Off on NATIONAL GRILLED CHEESE DAY
Wed, April 12th is National Grilled Cheese Day. Come in and say “CHEESE” to get $2 off any grilled cheese sandwich we make, including Time Out Chicago’s Winner of Best Grilled Cheese in Chicago, our very own Nutball.
March 26, 2017
Comments Off on INTERNATIONAL WHISKEY DAY
Monday, March 27th – INTERNATIONAL WHISKEY DAY! You’ve probably got this on your calendar already but, if not, it’s Monday March 27. Skip work, come in, and get 20% off all whiskeys by the taste or glass. All day and night long.
March 23, 2017
Comments Off on BOOK DONATION PARTY
TUES, March 28th, Lincoln Square – We’re at it again! The Pad Party was such a success, we decided to try another one, but this time with BOOKS! This party is to collect donations of PAPERBACK BOOKS for women in prison. All donations will be taken to Chicago Books to Women in Prison, located in Ravenswood. Find out more here: https://chicagobwp.org/ and here: https://www.facebook.com/events/729760237184072/.
Types of donations accepted and encouraged:
If you are able to attend the party…
If you cannot attend, or want to give in other ways…
-Paypal to email@example.com*
-Purchases from CBWP’s Amazon wish list: https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3JB7QLOISAPLO
Finally, please see their recommendations of books that fly off the shelves:
and special requests:
*All cash and Paypal donations will be combined and given through Paypal to our friends at CBWP.
February 20, 2017
by Chef Mark
Comments Off on ST. PAT’S DAY
It’s March 17 but, truth be told, we should have ’em all month long.
- Potato, Beer & Cheddar Soup
- Thick-cut, house Corned Beef, braised cabbage, gruyere, Swiss, fried onion, lettuce, zippy mustard, caraway-multigrain
- Irish Meatloaf (made with corned beef & stout), fried onion, house pickle, arugula, cheddar, lettuce, Ketchup 78, ciabatta
- Hickory-Smoked Salmon w/ whiskey-herb cure, arugula, red onion, lettuce, citrus mayo, Cholula, challah
- Stout-Battered Tilapia, American cheese, house pickle, lettuce, house tartar sauce, potato bun