WICKER PARK – WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24th, 7pm. It will be Whiskey Week in Chicago, and Jerry’s has Master Distiller Chip Tate of one of the most award-winning new distilleries in the country, if not the world, Balcones of Waco, Texas. This will be the only event Chip does in Chicago before WhiskeyFest, so this is your chance to hear from him what they’re doing that has them winning Gold Medals for Best in Show, Best Single Malt, etc. at Spirits events all over the world. The Texas #1 Single Malt recently took ‘Best in Glass’ at a blind tasting in London, beating out some 200+ Whiskys and Scotch-world heavyweights, including a 17-year Single Malt.
$50 ticket includes 5 courses, each paired with a different Balcones spirit, created by our Executive Chef Joey Beato, as well as discussion with Chip Tate about spirits. The tentative menu:
- Bloody Mary with Balcones Brimstone (smoked with Texas scrub oak)
- Spinach Salad with tomato, peanut, bacon, sherry-maple vinaigrette, paired with Balcones Brimstone
- Crostini of Bleu Cheese Mousse, Fuji Apple & Country Ham, paired with Balcones Rumble (made with wildflower honey, mission figs, and turbinado sugar)
- Pork Shoulder sliders with roasted corn, paired with Balcones Baby Blue (made with 100% Hopi blue corn)
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with cocoa nibs and hazelnuts, paired with Balcones Texas #1 Single Malt
Let us know when making reservation if you have specific food requests (vegetarian, gluten-free, allergies, etc) and we will do our best to accommodate. Space is very limited, so get your tix soon!