April 26, 2013
ANDERSONVILLE, WEDNESDAY, MAY 1, 7PM. Our little baby cellar at Jerry’s is growing up. Come check out a vertical tasting of Stone Old Guardian Barleywine. This is a great brew, with a 96 rating in Ratebeer. We will be tasting five vintages, 2008, 2010-2013. Compare the difference a couple years makes for beer, plus sample the “odd” year addition of 2013 Stone Oak-Smoked Old Guardian. Now we hear that Stone is also bringing 2006 Imperial Stout. Whooh. While you’re here, we’ll talk with Stone Rep. Aaron Tyrell, about the inns and outs of cellaring beer – optimal conditions, best beer candidates, and changes to be expected over time.
Not a part of this event, but tapping this same night will be Stone Ruination IPA Double Dry (with Southern Cross, Pacific Gem, Helga, and Mosaic Hops.). Only 10 kegs are coming to Illinois.
$25 reserves your spot and includes all 7 Stone beers and a light snack. Space is limited, so reservations are strongly suggested. Tickets can be purchased here: http://stonedinthecellar.eventbrite.com. Call Jerry’s Andersonville at 773-796-3777 with questions.
April 19, 2013
March 25, 2013
WICKER PARK – WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24th, 7pm. It will be Whiskey Week in Chicago, and Jerry’s has Master Distiller Chip Tate of one of the most award-winning new distilleries in the country, if not the world, Balcones of Waco, Texas. This will be the only event Chip does in Chicago before WhiskeyFest, so this is your chance to hear from him what they’re doing that has them winning Gold Medals for Best in Show, Best Single Malt, etc. at Spirits events all over the world. The Texas #1 Single Malt recently took ‘Best in Glass’ at a blind tasting in London, beating out some 200+ Whiskys and Scotch-world heavyweights, including a 17-year Single Malt.
$50 ticket includes 5 courses, each paired with a different Balcones spirit, created by our Executive Chef Joey Beato, as well as discussion with Chip Tate about spirits. The tentative menu:
- Bloody Mary with Balcones Brimstone (smoked with Texas scrub oak)
- Spinach Salad with tomato, peanut, bacon, sherry-maple vinaigrette, paired with Balcones Brimstone
- Crostini of Bleu Cheese Mousse, Fuji Apple & Country Ham, paired with Balcones Rumble (made with wildflower honey, mission figs, and turbinado sugar)
- Pork Shoulder sliders with roasted corn, paired with Balcones Baby Blue (made with 100% Hopi blue corn)
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with cocoa nibs and hazelnuts, paired with Balcones Texas #1 Single Malt
Let us know when making reservation if you have specific food requests (vegetarian, gluten-free, allergies, etc) and we will do our best to accommodate. Space is very limited, so get your tix soon!
March 24, 2013
WICKER PARK, SUN, APRIL 14th
Bitchin’ Purge is a service industry story slam where real service industry employees tell true stories about work. The first Bitchin’ Purge raised $750 for the MaeBell Ward Foundation for Alzheimer’s research, and we aren’t stopping there. Your donations ($5 online/$8 at the door) will benefit the MaeBell Ward Foundation as well as help this show to grow. There will also be a 50/50 ca$h raffle and the stand-up comedy of Saurin Choski to open the show. The hilarious Maggie Ednie hosts this lineup of industry ladies. Alzheimer’s isn’t going to cure itself. We appreciate your help!
(*Tickets are available on Brown Paper Bag Tickets)
March 24, 2013
ANDERSONVILLE, TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 7:00p. It’s the release party for Ommegang’s new Belgian Blonde Ale “Iron Throne”, the first in a line of “Game of Thrones” themed beers. The official release date is March 31, coinciding with the airing of the first episode of season 3, so come grab a sneak peek! We’ll be pouring Hennepin, Rare VOS, and starting at 7:00p sharp, Iron Throne, and a rep from the brewery will be on hand to shmooze and discuss.
March 23, 2013
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3rd, WICKER PARK 6pm. It’s a showcase of the power of collaborative brewing, with DJ Grimsbørg underscoring the theme with the greatest crossovers, team-ups, and twosomes in film and music.
THE DRAFT LIST:
Dayman Coffee IPA – Aleman, Stone, Two Brothers
Johnny Quest Thinks We’re Sell-Outs Black IPA – Begyle, Dry Hop
Heavenly Feijoa Tripel – New Belgium, Dieu Du Ciel
Saladbarity (Baltic Porter) – Against The Grain, Country Boy
Sweet 73 (Cider/Mead Blend aged in whiskey barrels) – Vandermill, City Provisions
Rhizing Bines (DIPA) – Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada
Ommegang Gnomegang (Belgian Strong Ale), Ommegang, Brasserie d’Achouffe
Allagash Boubon Barrel Black (Barrel Aged Belgian Stout), Allagash, Jim Beam
March 22, 2013
Mindy Friedler, a Jerry’s founder, is now a proud graduate of the City of Chicago/Goldman Sachs program “10,000 Small Businesses”. The program is targeted at small businesses with the potential to grow (and provide jobs), and is what this scribe would shorthand as mini MBA program but with an emphasis on growth and expansion. As you know, Jerry’s is soon to rule Chicago with it’s second location in Andersonville. That’s the plan, anyway. We are excited that our fearless leader is a mover and shaker, hobnobbing with Warren Buffet and the like, although if she starts telling us to maximize our productivity, or pulling out the stopwatch . . . .
March 19, 2013
Solemn Oath Brewing are funny guys. Funny how? Do they amuse us? http://solemnoathbrewery.com/events/jerrys-sandwiches-times-two/
March 6, 2013
We’ve done one of our periodic menu updates, nothing radical, just these:
- Dropped roast tomato; added housemade tomato jam,
- Moved Fried Cheese Curds appetizer to the permanent menu,
- Added a Surf & Turf Po Boy (fried shrimp & Nola beef),
- Added egg salad, and two new sandwiches featuring same,
- Added two variations to the Med Salad, a Chicken Med and a Tuna Salad Med,
- Added Barritt’s Ginger Beer to the menu, non-alcoholic and awesome.
That’s all folks.
March 6, 2013
Yep, all week we’ll be celebrating St. Pat’s with a special menu, starting on Friday, March 15th:
- Shamrock Shakes
- Great Lake’s Conway’, Tighthead Scarlet Fire, and/or Three Floyd’s Brian Boru Irish Ales
- Potato, Ale & Cheddar Soup
- Housemade Corned Beef & Cabbage, Swiss, Lettuce, Dijon-Horseradish Dressing, Dark Rye
- Green Eggs & Ham: Egg Salad, Chimichurri, Cilantro, Country Ham, Lettuce, Toasted Tuscan
- Stout-Battered Tilapia, American Cheese, Housemade Tartar Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Brioche Bun
- Bangers (Irish Pork Sausage), Grilled Asparagus, Grilled Onion, Swiss, Jerry’s Yellow Mustard, Lettuce
- Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce